Thursday, October 17, 2013

Can't Contain Excitement: The Grand Budapest Hotel

As always, I'm always excited whenever I hear about a new Wes Anderson film coming out, usually that means, Bill Murray will be there, although lately, his role seems to be dimmed down from the leading roles for this film.

But none the less, Anderson's films always capture a specific quality, almost as if a film was made in a flat UI alongside with embracing an alternative view of history.

Moonrise Kingdom, one of my favorite movies is an excellent example, utilizing the landscape, having the little goldbergesque devices at the scout camp and making the most ordinary things seem a little bit more interesting than usual. I mean, when's the last time you saw scouts operating a HQ tent complete with radios and shaving their commander?

But I'm sure that The Grand Budapest Hotel will be brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment